Inviting Friends and Partners is a periodic (weekly or bi-weekly) conference call for those of us who wish to support each other in our personal development (internal work) and work in the world (social action).
Since I'm not doing so well keeping this page updated, perhaps it would be better to simply link to a page that is updated regularly: http://www.omidyar.net/group/psc/ws/Conference%20Calls/
All are welcome! The first part of the call will be for personal work. This week we will be sharing personal experiences related to one of the Principles of Valid Action. In future weeks the personal work could be about any topic or principles from somewhere else (the values of omidyar.net, for example). The second part of the call be to organize any applicable ways to help each other with our work in the world (making appointments, asking for and giving suggestions, etc).
We invite you to participate in the formation of a new group, interconnecting circles of people who are linked by a shared desire to overcome human suffering. Help us establish and create this formational team, organizational network, that is dedicated to expanding and inviting.
- A common desire to engage self and others to make "giving for the love of humanity" a common experience to address and dissolve suffering in the world.
- The confluence of a commons, open space and humanist movement
- A space to show up, bring friends and add spirit
- Life giving structures that support being together in functional, healthy communities, environments or bodies
- Virtual and face-to-face teams working on self, the larger community and the world
- Inviting friends and partners into dialogue, collaboration and documentation
- Expanding circles of friends, peer to peer (P2P), concentric networks
- Action fronts: writing papers, documenting structure, engaging local people to inform and participate in local and other actions
Details and structural clarity and next meeting steps and practices will show up here as they are discovered and able to be documented
- Wiki work finding and refining words for what we're doing -- documenting
- Phone work for the words that aren't yet clear enough to write, and for the satisfaction of connecting
- Process work looking at how we want to practice, facilitate, embody, and generally translate the stuff we already know into this new thing
bin of work - current issues and open questions and things to do together
- translate current practices of commons, open space, humanist movement, pattern language, buddhist ideas, GlobalChicago:SomaticOrganization, etc into CommonLanguagePractice. Julie will look at CommonLanguagePractice and to add to it.
- regular conversation, or at least always having a next call scheduled
- calls/meetings focus on personal work and activity in the world - work on principles and work on the bin
- Continue to work on this page as an entry point for new people
- The first part of the meeting is for personal work, personal development, inner work, whatever you choose to call this refection and sharing of experiences with the intention to overcome suffering. For the first few meetings, we'll start by collectively picking a principle from the [Principles of Valid Action] and sharing personal experiences around that principle. Future meetings could use any set of principles or a different type of personal work.
- The second part of the meeting is for our work in the world, our individual action fronts, activities and projects, especially where we might be able to work together, or lend support to helping launch someone else's ideas.
HistoryOfInvitingFriendsAndPartners /JulieJamesExchange /PurposeOfThisPage
(Ted Julie exchange)
shorter URL of this page for emailing purposes: http://tinyurl.com/4ch6t
This Wiki is open to all friends and partners to co-create together.
- Places where invitations here occur: