As Individuals, we all share a desire to be in contact with what is most deep and true in ourselves. Yet we know that we cannot just think our way to that goal. Our minds on their own are not enough. To be a complete human being requires something more. It takes heart.
Created by Doc Childre--an author, researcher, and consultant to leaders in business, science, medicine and education--HeartMath is a system for unlocking the heart's innate intelligence. Recognized and highly respected in the fields of psychology, mind/body medicine, new science, business and personal development, HeartMath offers a new psychology and physiology based on the power of the heart providing an innovative approach to healthy and fulfilling living.
By learning how to lead a more heart-directed life you can reduce stress, facilitate change, infuse yourself with a renewed sense of hope and empower your self to live life to its fullest potential. The techniques, concepts and technology incorporated in HeartMath give you a greater ability to achieve emotional balance, mental clarity and improved health.
HeartMath is unique in that it is grounded in science, taking "heart" out of the respected but conceptual confines of philosophy and spirituality into a practical, common-sense understanding useful in everyday life. It's also designed to be easy to learn. That's why so many people from all walks of life are finding this innovative approach to personal and organizational development so appealing. Thousands of people around the world use HeartMath to improve performance in business, increase awareness and intelligence, create better relationships and learn how to ride the waves of change with more poise and grace.
The following link will bring you to information on HeartMath's Business Solutions, Hospital Solutions, Health Professionals and Self-Improvement Solutions: http://www.heartmath.com <http://www.heartmath.com/> . Leadership and Executive training information can be found at: http://www.heartmath.com/business/leadership.html
Guided by the founding principles of life, learning, and compassion, Methodist Hospitals of Dallas (MHD) uses some of the latest medical technology and research to bring quality health care to individuals and families throughout North Texas. HeartMath is being tested with great success in the Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and a telemetry transitional care unit at Methodist Medical Center in Dallas--two units with exceptionally high stress levels. Shiella DelaCruz?, a nurse in the NICU, says that she noticed an immediate improvement at work once she started using HeartMath. "I feel much more relaxed and I have more energy," says Ms. DelaCruz?. "I feel that I can give even better care to my patients."
"We want to help our employees learn how to better manage their stress," says Kim Hollon, Executive Vice President of Methodist Hospitals of Dallas and Methodist Medical Center. "In return, our employees' success in this program will help us reach our goals of reduced sick-time; increased employee morale; more coherent communication; optimal mental clarity and creativity; and ultimately greater patient satisfaction." http://www.heartmath.com/pr/amethodisthospital.html
Delnor-Community Hospital Soars with HeartMath: http://www.heartmath.com/business/healthcarecasestudy.html
"The HeartMath programs have enabled our leaders to sustain peak performance, to manage more efficiently in a changing environment, and to maintain a work/life balance. I believe without HeartMath, we could not have reached our potential." - Tom Wright, COO, Delnor-Community Hospital, Geneva, IL.
The following links provide information on The Institute of HeartMath (IHM), our mission and the work we are doing in education.
- About IHM: http://www.heartmath.org/about-ihm.html.
- IHM Mission: http://www.heartmath.org/mission-statement.html.
The Institute of HeartMath (IHM), a 501(c)3 non-profit, works extensively with children, parents and educators on developing emotional self-management skills, reducing violence and improving learning and retention. Shortly after September 11, 2001, IHM developed The Emotional Security Tool Kit For Children and Teens - Free learning programs for children and teens which build emotional security, self-esteem and self reliance. Information on this complimentary program can be found at:
"Emotional security is the foundation of a fulfilling and productive life. It is the key ingredient of self-esteem and self-reliance, and the platform for academic performance, friendship, family bonds, and solid core values for children.
"HeartMath research on the science of the heart has shown that when we consciously shift into a positive emotional state, the heart triggers a response in the brain, creating a favorable cascade of neural, hormonal and biochemical events that actually reverse the effects of stress and benefit the mind, body and emotions. Benefits begin immediately and continue to build.
"The Emotional Security Tool Kit contains tools and techniques that facilitate these beneficial effects in children. Fun worksheets and free, downloadable music to use with the tools are also included to help children resolve disturbing feelings, raise their spirits, and reinforce their resilience.
"You'll also have valuable advice on how to talk with teens and help teens talk with you. You'll be able to identify behaviors in children and young adults who may be experiencing emotional stress and insecurity and you'll be given a range of tools to help them access the extraordinary power of the heart. Because a change of heart changes everything."
- The following link will bring you to a number of Education case studies.
- What educators are saying: http://www.heartmath.org/education/testedge/what-educators-say.php
- TestEdgeT? <http://www.heartmath.org/education/testedge/index.php> instills the confidence and ease students need to comprehend what is being taught and later access what they have learned. It improves test scores, learning readiness, and attitudes. This supplemental program is especially effective with students who feel anxious about their performance or who are at risk of academic failure. http://www.heartmath.org/education/testedge/index.php
- New understanding of the physiology of positive emotions and the key role played by the heart in the generation of emotional experience have exciting implications for higher-order thinking skills, learner readiness, decision making, and test-taking, as well as for social and emotional behavior. Based on this research, practical tools have been developed that enable students to self-regulate the physiological processes underlying effective learning and performance. Outcome studies show that use of these tools is associated with both academic and social-emotional improvements in students ranging from elementary to college level. The following is a link to a free e-booklet on The Scientific Role of the Heart in Learning and Performance. http://www.heartmath.org/protected/inside-story/insidestory.pdf
Email: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> email@example.com
In times of change, learners inherit the Earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. -- Eric Hoffer
A Change of Heart Changes Everything
What Business Leaders are Saying About HeartMath <http://www.heartmath.com/business/testimonials.html>
Health Professional's <http://www.heartmath.com/health/hptestimonials.html> Testimonials