OST for knowledge sharing and innovatinon
Participants: seow khim, winnie lim, nora teao, mei, bee sin, wee pin, shim yang, lay peng, chee san
Summary of Discussion:
- OST challenges the norm - might be useful for promoting innovation (unconstrains people) - acclimatizes mgrs to working productively WITH/IN uncertainty
- How much do org's REALLY want knowledge-sharing and innovation?
- Time issue - not just time to talk, but time to IMPLEMENT
- Passion AND responsibility - how to get ownership of ACTION?
- Need top management support to use OST - invite them into OS? (bypass multiple papers/filters)
- Worry o fmiddle managers is extra work to operationalize - invite them into OS to figure out how?
- An OS has a PURPOSE/theme not of value for sake of OS, just like knowledge management and innovation
- Use OST on top of normal systems/structures/meetings
- Use OST to build communities of practice
- NLB has open space approach to innovation projects - anyone can propose, gets support if they can, budgets for people, funds, times
- Create breathing space for employees