I’m glad to share the following stories and resources in support of your business agility practice and talk with you about any of them. I can present these ideas, in more or less formal sessions, with your team or professional network. Please contact me with any questions or comments about using or sharing these materials. Thank you!
Enterprise Scrum and Business Agility
- Enterprise Scrum in One Page – an overview and practice reference piece (ideally prints 11x17in.)
- Introducing Enterprise Scrum for Business Agility – how ES scales Scrum from single teams to whole organizations
- EnterpriseScrumCanvases – googlesheet with many different ES canvas templates (view only – contact me if you need to download your own copy)
Connecting Agile and Open Space
- MakingSoftwareInOpenSpace and InvitingAgility – open space as agile method
- OpenSpaceGoesMainstream – Daniel Mezick making early connections between Agile and Open Space, drawing on my inviting organization work
- Inviting Agile Requirements – using Open Space with complex stakeholder groups to create better, faster, SMARTer working context for agile development teams
- InvitingModernAgility – how light is your practice? what modern agile can learn from other inviting, evolutionary tales
- Distributed Agile Teamwork: Evolution or Delusion – notes from the Audacious Salon sessions I co-facilitated with Mark Kilby at Agile2016 conference, featured in Pilar Orti podcast
- What Can Agile Learn from Participative Design? – presentation for Agile user group introducing Emery and Trist’s pioneering work on forming self-managing teams
Open Space and Inviting Leadership
- Inviting Leadership in Open Space: A Guide for Training and Practice [pdf] – my best OST resources, updated (2016), including executive summary, guided tour, talking points, checklist, script and more.
- The Inviting Organization Emerges [html] (1998, updated 2016) – the centerpiece of the Inviting Organization collection I published in 1998, mapping the future evolution of organization beyond command and control, updated to include the Agile movement in software and beyond
- Open Space Technology: A User’s NON-Guide [pdf] – an OST sutra, in 37 voices from all around the world (2002)
- Living Peace: the open space of our lives [pdf] – collection by OST facilitators from around the world, Raffi Aftandelian (editor), Michael Herman (contributor) (2008)
- Open Space Technology: Inviting Leadership Practice [pdf] – interview by Shilpa Jain of Shikshantar, Udaipur, India (2006)
- Opening Space For New Life At Work [pdf] – reprinted from ”The Works” magazine (2001)
- Strategic Conversation: A Case Story [pdf] – analysis of OST practice for customer-centered strategy in a large global business (1998)
- Grandma’s Lullaby [pdf] – personal story with lessons for leadership and transformation (1998)
Examples of Open Space Proceedings (from documents to websites)
- Illinois Food Security Summit [pdf] – statewide summit convened by Chicago Community Trust (2001)
- The Future of Education in Peoria [pdf] – citywide summit, see also PeoriaSchoolsStory (2002)
- The Giving Conference (wiki) – website from philanthropy-finance-community-technology conference (2004)
- Ship-to-Shore Science Education – used GoogleSites for summit proceedings and follow-up project planning (2013-14).
- VOSonOS: Virtual Open Space on Open Space [pdf] – the first global remote Open Space practice conference, celebrating 30 years of Open Space practice around the world (2015), hosted at vosonos.qiqochat.com
- City of Albuquerque, Greater Central Avenue Initiative (blog) – a website sprung from conference proceedings (2016). ABQ used QiqoChat.com to capture notes and CivNet.com to for community-based action.
- Albuquerque, 18 months later, citywide one-day summit, captured in timelapse video, gives an excellent view of open space in action. See their blog site above for more, including photo’d notes from three rounds and dozens of breakout sessions.