back to OpenSpaceTechnology/TrainingPracticeWorkshopProceedings
two workshops were hosted in udaipur, rajastan in india, by [shikshantar, the people's institute for rethinking education and development]. we ran a one-day workshop for youth and their sponsors and a second, two-day, workshop for community and education activists. here are some of the topics raised by the 30+ youth and adults who took part in three open space sessions that took place in the course of these two workshops:
- citywide organic farming
- growing of more and more trees in udaipur
- parents towards children and children towards parents
- reforms needed by MLUS and its colleges education system
- use of punishments in schools
- how can we rid our society, especially our children, from the colonial leftovers like the english language, an irrelevant education system, etc.
- how to find opportunities to show talents and improve ourselves
- how can one make an identity in the current educational system?
- what can be a practical solution for the children on the street?
- how do you justify choices that limit your children?
- livlihoods need economic growth AND economic growth means environmental destruction - how to resolve this contradiction, keeping in mind not only social justice, but also interest of future generations and those of other species we share the planet with
- how can we live meaningfully and at the same time we also have to earn our livelihood?
- does education really help one to know oneself?
- how can we end our ego problems?
- how to live a life, make a livelihood, which abides/goes with values of social justice
- economic opportunities in udaipur
- how can i use OST in my family?
- educational environment in schools, how to improve, how teachers can make topics interesting
- the word 'love' - how much used, how much misused
- open space in schools
- carpe diem...
- is the media free of control?
- losing control - how to facilitate with older people and experts/professionals
- migrating. is it good? why do people migrate? if it is bad, how do we stop it?
- how can we raise the level of education in our colleges?
- truth leads to god
- how to get relieved from the burden of homework
- how to use time effectively
...and a number of other topics posted only in hindi.