Session: Leadership Burnout
Convenor: Barb Harris
Participants: Barb, Janice Williams and Jeri.
- Same people volunteer
- Hard to say no
- Volunteerism becomes a responsibility (Burden)
- Sometimes has to do with connections
- There is a diminishing pool (need to widen)
- Need to recognise strengths, delegate and then let go
- Hierarchy contributes to burnout
- Can be self inflicted
- Passion can carry you a long way
- recognition (or lack of it) a factor
- Opposition can create a spark - Impetus
We weren't asked to provide next steps and didn't provide any, but it seems clear that one needs to look after one's self and figure out what the personal limits are - and then stick to them.