Some things added here for inclusion in the next edition of OpenSpaceTechnology/TrainingPracticeGuide
- Susan Fehl going into corporate settings asking clients/participants to talk about (1) conflicts/passion (separations/divisions), (2) complexities of task(s) to be done, (3) urgency of current situation, (4) results to be delivered and diversity of skills, opinions, interests, required to deliver. In other words, clients make their own case for OpenSpaceTechnology. Can also gather info on larger purposes, info sources/people to be invited, what movement/progress would look like, and what bottom-line must be achieved. Then can follow with (1) what is possible in terms of gathering? (2) what is appropriate? (3) what is sufficient? (4) what will be done.
- SomaticOrganization - and contracting... who is power/pelvis/supporting, who is visionary/invitation writer, who is embracing, passionate, distributing invitation, who is doing the work/invited?
proposed design for doing one-day short course on OpenSpaceTechnology as intro program:
- gather, intro, welcome
- what is org and what should it be?
- US West video screened, 15 minutes, watching for the way org is and should be, as discussed.
- finish discussion with some talk about four conditions OR practice of peace
- open a space for: opening space in org, inviting practice of peace, resolving the four conditions, three rounds of breakout sessions, might tell story of how open space got here as opening, to model sponsor's usual telling of the 'story of how we got here.'
- debrief process, how-to questions, nuts and bolts, noticing subtle differences between business as usual and business as openspace,
- next steps... re-open the space for next steps, short conversations, modelling non-convergence process
- closing circle
- update opening paragraph(s)
- action/responsibility finish, peace
- /InvitingOrganizationAddendum - stories from real territory
- fix order of lists on Practice section page
- link to covey... sphere of control, sphere of influence, sphere of invitation...