Singapore Open Space Practice Group
Notes from the 2-day workshop we did in August. This space might have grown to include invitations, proceedings, reflections, questions, and other information related to any of the future events and meetings that might happen now in Singapore... but instead the group has initiated http://www.ostasia.net (requires ms internet explorer to view).
Click here for SingaporeWorkshopPhotos!
Topics from the Singapore Open Space Training and Practice Workshop, Orchid Country Club, August, 2002
DAY ONE: How can Open Space benefit the people, orgs and communities of singapore?
- How can OST help with FamilyContext?
- How can OST do differently, ProvideMagic, facilitate meetings in workplace?
- How can we FormalizeUseOfOstInSingapore?
- How can OST be integrated as part of TeamBuildingProcess? AND *How can OST be incorporated with existing learning methods To Enhance Learning?
- How can OST play a role in OvercomingPersonalityDifferences? in an org?
- How can OST substitute/supplement traditional Day-to-DayManagement? AND Applying OST to new initiatives in ChangeManagement?
- If OST is like LIFE, why do we need to BringLifeIntoOurOrgs?? why is life not there in our workplaces?
- Can we successfully conduct OST on a DigitalPlatform?
- What needs to happen to bring about a SuccessfulOpenSpaceMeeting?
- How can OST be used to facilitate KnowledgeSharing in organizations?
- 80% of ChangeInitiativesFail, why and what can we do about it?
- How do you overcome a CommandAndControlCulture when ost is so 'laissez-faire?' AND Howe can we create the conditions (passion/repsponsibility) in a results-oriented Singapore, that focuses on Getting Things Done for real results in shortest time?
- What are some of the CrossCulturalIssues and considerations we need to keep in mind when facilitating OST?
DAY TWO: When and Where Will Open Space benefit the places where you are?
(not all session captured notes publicly, many took personal notes and wrote invitations)
- Does OST link to any ModelsOfLearning? which people can relate to?
- How do we use OST to SharpenTheSkills? of trainers and facilitators in s'pore
- I'm concerned that 'NutsAndBolts' people like myself may not get what they need from this workshop
- How can we use OST in our NeighborhoodCommunity? building?
- How can we use OST to work with a VolunteerGroup?
- How can we use OST to ResolveConflicts? between groups?
- How can we use OST to organize the upcoming OST practice sessions?
- How can we use OST to motivate winning SalesTeam??
- OST videos (learning in OS and USWest) available for viewing
POST-WORKSHOP NEWS AND INFORMATION...